Thursday 12 June 2014

Deco decedance - part 2

Waking up on the Saturday morning with the sun streaming into our window was a fabulous start to our weekend of Deco indulgence.

One thing about "posh" hotels is the wonderful bathrooms and robes that they provide you with and Claridges is no exception.

Bath time bliss!!

Bathrobes.

The lovely bath products.
 
Refreshed and ready for the day we headed down to breakfast and what a setting have it in!!
 
 
Silver salt and pepper pots, and individual jams and even the tomato ketchup came in one of these little jars!!
 
 
Stepping out into a lovely warm day we headed to the V&A to see the Glamour of Italian Fashion exhibition and then onto Harvey Nicks 5th floor restaurant for a cocktail or two and lunch.
 
 
 

 
I forgot to take any pictures of my food as it looked so good that I ate it all before I remembered to take pictures - but it was yummy!!!
 
 
I was really excited about the evening as we had tickets to see Angela Lansbury in Blithe Spirit so we jumped in a cab and headed to the theatre.
 
One thing that does always upset me is how people don't dress up for the theatre anymore but never mind the play was amazing and Angela and the whole cast were fabulous.
 
 
Just had to share a couple of outfits for the weekend -
70's does 40's jacket from a charity shop, skirt from a 40's suit, 40's blouse from Shazam vintage and hat vintage 30's from Paris.

Vintage jacket from Retreat Vintage, 40's skirt and blouse from Shazam vintage.



A few pictures of Deco style around the hotel.
 
 
It was such a fabulous stay if not rather indulgent but hey you are only here once, the experience will stay with me forever and we now have a "Claridges Fund" so we can go back again!!
 
 
For now I will leave you with a quote from Spencer Tracy - " When I die I don't want to go to heaven I want to go to Claridges!!"
 
 
 
 
 

 


4 comments:

  1. I love the yellow shirt with the navy jacket. Looks like you had an amazing time!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - we did - it is such a fabulous place so peaceful and extravagant at the same time if that is possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit on the stairs Karen, monochrome with a hint of yellow, lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you - it was one of my favourites too!!

    ReplyDelete